Last Updated: January 30, 2019
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
You may give us your Personal Information when visiting our website if you voluntarily provide it to us by sending us email through the website or filling in forms on our website. When you sign up to receive Company press releases and alerts via email, you will be asked to provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your first name, last name, and email address.
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the website to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of the website, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits, we refer to this information as “Usage Information.” We may collect this usage information using cookies, web beacons or other tools that collect information to make it easier to use our website. This information may include information such as the Operating System (OS) running on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address (which may be used to obtain your geolocation), access times, browser type, and language, and the website you visited before our website. We also collect information about how you use our website, including the elements you have interacted with, metadata and other details about these elements, change states and other user actions.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block cookies parts of our website may not work properly.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will use your Personal Information and Usage Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you information about our Company and research developments, subject to applicable law concerning the sending of commercial electronic messages;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent;
- As required or authorized by law; and
We may also use your information to improve our website and may use Usage Information to enable us to customize your user experience.
If you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you may choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions at the bottom of the email. You may also choose to unsubscribe by sending us a message via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you unsubscribe you may still receive electronic messages from us where such messages are required or authorized by law.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties without your consent other than with the following:
- Third Party Service Providers. We will not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, if you provide Personal Information, we may share it with our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, service providers, business partners, and other third parties for the limited purpose of providing services or information to our customers or us;
- Lawful Requests.To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person;
- Corporate Restructuring.For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving a sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our Company, business or assets, that company will also acquire and possess the Personal Information and Usage Information collected by us; and
- As required or authorized by law.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES WEBSITES.
OUR SECURITY PRACTICES.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information and the Usage Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
AGE OF CONSENT.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the website. If you are under 13, please do not give us any Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT.
Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by us. Upon reasonable written notice given to us, all Personal Information held by us that is identifiable to that individual will be removed from our records, except that we nonetheless reserve the right to retain, collect, use and disclose Personal Information without your consent where we are permitted by law to do so.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Company and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before you access your Personal Information.
A NOTE ABOUT JURISDICTION.
We are a Canadian-based Company whose servers and whose service providers’ servers may be located worldwide. We collect, use, disclose, and retain Personal Information in accordance with Canadian law. You access this website at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and treaties.
Personal Information may be subject to disclosure under the laws of jurisdictions where the Personal Information is stored or handled, and it may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of those jurisdictions.
For information about our use of affiliates and service providers outside Canada to process Personal Information, please contact us at the address provided below
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at Cardiol Therapeutics Inc., Attention: Chief Privacy Officer at email@example.com. You may also call our Chief Privacy Officer at (289) 910-0856.